Celebrating Botswana On A Luxury Safari
We would heartily agree with the Lonely Planet vote that saw Botswana named as its top country to visit in 2016. This exceptional safari destination, which also celebrates 50 years of independence this year, is a rare combination of desert and delta, coupled with staggering amounts of wildlife. If you want a classic safari amid Africa’s iconic big game, with wonderful guiding and lovely accommodation then look no further than this irresistible paradise.
Here are Aardvark Safaris’ top ten reasons to choose a luxury Botswana safari:
1. Never a dull moment with a greater range of safari activities than almost anywhere else: game drives, guided bush walks, elephant back safaris, riding safaris, boating, mobile or self-drive safaris, and cultural encounters.
2. A whopping 38% of land is protected for wildlife and nature conservation. The low impact tourism policy ensures strictly controlled visitor numbers so the safari areas are crowd-free.
3. Arguably the best game viewing on the continent, with the likes of Mombo Island in the Okavango Delta renowned for exceptional predator and prey activity and Chobe chock-full of enormous elephants.
4. The Okavango Delta: beautiful and tranquil – one of the seven natural wonders of Africa – it is home to an astounding array of birds and wildlife. Gliding through the watery channels is without compare.
5. Terrific accommodation from classic tented camps to out of this world luxury.
6. A wonderful choice for families with specialist children’s guides and several camps offering specific children’s programmes.
7. Great for the appeal factor too – who wouldn’t be charmed spending morning chilling out with habituated meerkats or an afternoon with the elephant herd at Abu Camp?
8. The second largest migration in Africa when in February, around 75,000 zebra and wildebeest flock to the Makgadikgadi grasslands.
9. Don’t be deceived by the cost. Yes, some camps are deservedly pricey but there are options to suit every budget from an expedition style mobile to a bucket list extravaganza luxury Botswana safari.
10. It’s one of Africa’s most politically stable countries.
Start you safari holiday planning now. We can ask the right questions, suggest camps, lodges and safari areas, or match you with the right luxury Botswana safari. Just give us a call or pop us an email and we will do the rest.