Aardvark Safaris is a thriving tour operator specialising in holidays to Africa and the Indian Ocean. The company was started in 1999 and owners Richard Smith and Alice Gully are very much involved running the company, with the help of a great team around them.
Aardvark Safaris has two offices in the UK, in Tidworth, Hampshire and Edinburgh.
We plan exceptional holidays for our clients and many return to us year on year, with much of our business coming via word of mouth recommendations.
Why work with Aardvark Safaris?
We are proud of our dedicated and knowledgeable team and all of our staff are encouraged to contribute to life here at Aardvark Safaris. We firmly believe that the more fulfilled people are the better their work will be. The atmosphere in the office is creative, varied, fun and challenging as well as business-like and focused. Though we work hard, we have a good time together too, with various team days out an opportunity to share a laugh together.
Successful candidates are offered competitive packages and training to learn all the necessary skills, whether in the sales or administrative side of the business. The culture in all our offices is characterised by the staff who work there and we’re always keen to employ a diverse range of people to further enhance this.
Sales Administrator £19,000 – £21,000 per annum
Permanent, Full Time Role
How to Apply
Please send your covering letter and C.V. to Lucinda Rome.
The Sales Administrator works as administrative support to the Aardvark Safaris sales team to ensure the highest standard of client care and satisfaction. This involves detailed record keeping, liaising with African suppliers, airlines and clients, and general office duties.
Requirements for the role
- Good organisational skills
- Computer literate – ideally in word, excel and the internet
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good numerical skills
- Able to prioritise busy workloads
- Good interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Able to manage confidential information
- Team player
- Interest in African Travel
- Input and maintenance of client details onto database
- Assisting sales team with initial client enquiries, including suggestion letters, emails, mailing brochures and checking availability of properties on the internet and by email.
- Checking availability of ground arrangements with African suppliers and flights on web booking systems
- Input flight, accommodation and cost details into database grid system
- Writing itineraries
- Cross checking grids for accuracy of itinerary and costing
- Maintaining accurate paper and electronic records
- Prioritising workloads during busy periods to best assist the sales and administrative teams
- Ensuring the client receives all relevant itinerary information, brochures, booking forms and maps, either by post or email
- Liaising with airlines and other suppliers to reserve flights, accommodation and transfers
- Talking to clients as delegated by the sales team
- Proof reading documents prior to posting or emailing
- Invoicing clients and monitoring all information is received during the payment process
- Assisting the sales team to manage alterations to clients’ itineraries after booking
- Processing final checks before travel packs are created
- Creating travel packs for sending to the clients
- Answering the telephone in the absence of sales team
- Checking incoming emails in the absence of sales team and actioning appropriately
- Help sales team when organising exhibitions, shows, trade events etc.
- Help administrative team when required to enable supplier payments
- General office duties i.e. monitoring stock levels, writing reports/letters, helping with mail drops, updating system information and corresponding documentation (itinerary items, PDI etc)
- You may be required at times to participate in the emergency phone rota in the evenings or at weekends
- In addition, there may be other reasonable duties to those listed above that you may be asked to perform from time to time.