Aardvark Safaris is a thriving tour operator specialising in holidays to Africa and the Indian Ocean. The company was started in 1999 and owners Richard Smith and Alice Gully are very much involved running the company, with the help of a great team around them.
Aardvark Safaris has two offices in the UK, in Tidworth, Hampshire and Edinburgh.
We plan exceptional holidays for our clients and many return to us year on year, with much of our business coming via word of mouth recommendations.
Why work with Aardvark Safaris?
We are proud of our dedicated and knowledgeable team and all of our staff are encouraged to contribute to life here at Aardvark Safaris. We firmly believe that the more fulfilled people are the better their work will be. The atmosphere in the office is creative, varied, fun and challenging as well as business-like and focused. Though we work hard, we have a good time together too, with various team days out an opportunity to share a laugh together.
Successful candidates are offered competitive packages and training to learn all the necessary skills, whether in the sales or administrative side of the business. The culture in all our offices is characterised by the staff who work there and we’re always keen to employ a diverse range of people to further enhance this.
A full time Sales Assistant position, based at our offices in Tidworth.
As a Sales Assistant you would work alongside the Sales team, providing vital support to ensure the highest standard of client care and satisfaction. This varied and exciting role, where no two days are ever the same, requires a high degree of accuracy and a keen eye for detail. Duties would include liaising with a range of African travel suppliers, airline companies, and directly with clients, both on the telephone and by email, therefore an excellent telephone manner and written communication skills are essential.
- Starting salary £19,000-£21,000 pa. dependent on previous experience
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays, running on a yearly cycle from 1st April to 30th March
- Working hours 0900 to 1730, Monday to Friday
- Organising a team of two sales consultants; completing the essential detailed work required to fulfil each holiday
Requirements for the role:
- Good organisational skills
- Computer literate – ideally in word, excel and the internet
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good numerical skills
- Able to prioritise busy workloads
- Good interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Able to manage confidential information
- Team player
- Interest in travel
- Contributory pension
- Annual bonus scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
How to apply
Please send your C.V. and a short covering letter to Lucinda@aardvarksafaris.com