Tangala House is a luxury private house on the banks of the Zambezi River, 15km upstream of Victoria Falls. One of only a few houses available for rent on the banks of the river near the Falls, it offers privacy and exclusivity in a breathtaking setting, and is a great place for families or groups of friends to stay. Children from seven years are welcome at Tangala House.
Accommodation & Facilities
The house is spacious, cool and elegantly furnished and sleeps up to eight in four bedrooms, three of which are en-suite. There is a private 13 x 4.4m swimming pool, with a shallow end for children, overlooking the Zambezi, a children’s playroom, spacious kitchen-dining room and gym. The house is available fully serviced and staffed (including two friendly resident dogs), with all food and drinks provided. Guests enjoy a personal chef and a private guide for boating trips as well as road transfers to all the exciting activities in the area.
Eating & Sleeping
As this is a private house, there is great flexibility. Most of the time families eat together but the guide and chef will sit down on arrival and discuss needs and requirements and ensure that everything runs accordingly. Specific dietary requirements can be accommodated with prior notice.
Wildlife & Activities
Tangala House is perfectly situated for exploring the area and taking advantage of the many activities on offer from Victoria Falls. The Zambezi National Park, with its large population of elephants, is situated just across the river.
Specifically for children…
All the guides are brilliant with families and children and most activities included at Tangala are suited to families.
• A visit to the Tujatane school where children can meet Zambian school kids is highly recommended.
• There are two children’s bikes and a selection of children’s life jackets available.
• A nice splash in the pool on a hot day will keep the kids entertained for a while.
• Cookie baking or pizza making in the kitchen.
• Arts and crafts at Tujatane – need to pre-arrange (dependant on school holidays).
• Treasure island hunt.
• Build your own catapult and kites.
• Drum playing and traditional dance.