For many years, travellers to Africa have revelled in the vast expanses of wilderness, the peace and quiet of the bush (if one discounts the cacophony of bird song and wildlife calls) and the joy of time and space to themselves alone. Being able to secure private space is very achievable across many of Africa’s best destinations. Whether it’s for pure wildlife and wilderness, some horse riding, witnessing some of Africa’s great wildlife migrations, enjoying the beauty and luxury of one of the Cape’s finest vineyards, or relaxing on a private island or a tropical beach, we can find exactly the property and guides to suit your wishes.
Because Africa is so enormous there is a decent amount of private wilderness available. We know a good number of small safari camps or luxurious lodges on private conservancies and in national parks that can be taken on an exclusive basis in every country we operate in. In addition to this, private safari houses can be found in several countries including Kenya, Tanzania, Zambia, Zimbabwe, South Africa and Namibia.
For adventurous travellers, we can arrange completely private expeditions and mobile safaris guided by the very best in the business, among them several legendary figures.
All of these options afford visitors complete exclusivity and privacy with a dedicated team looking after the camp or lodge, and private guides, vehicles and activities.
- Plan well in advance, so you have the greatest choice on offer.
- Booking a camp exclusively or taking a private safari house is not as expensive as you might expect. As the numbers go up, the costs come down.
- Travel between destinations in private light aircraft and you will have fast, safe connections. The light aircraft flights are often a highlight in themselves.
- It is possible to choose from a private journey or to explore from a secluded base.
- You will have access to some of Africa’s most remote and beautiful places to enjoy in the company of superb guides, many known to us personally.
- A wide variety of specialised safari activities can be planned around your interests offering the chance to get involved in everything from conservation activities to meeting people whose lives have hardly changed in centuries and whose traditions remain largely intact.