Safari is a wonderfully rewarding holiday for anyone wanting to travel alone. Whether you want to join a small group of like-minded single travellers in Africa or have a tailor-made safari itinerary planned just for you, there are literally hundreds of possibilities. In fact of all the trips we organise, it’s probably only self-drive itineraries we wouldn’t recommend to a solo traveller.
If you are looking for company when you holiday in Africa then one of the best things to consider is to join a small group, of typically no more than eight people. These safaris operate on frequent departure dates throughout the year and vary in length, style and types of activity.
If group travel doesn’t appeal then we can plan a safari specifically for you. The majority of camps and lodges we use are small and have an atmosphere akin to that of a sociable, informal dinner party.
Watch single traveller Sara enjoying a luxury solo holiday on safari in Tanzania.
- If you would like to join a ‘set departure’ itinerary then gorilla tracking safaris in Rwanda and Uganda, or walking safaris in Zambia are great options.
- It’s possible to join a riding safari as a solo traveller, in fact many of our clients do just that.
- There are some excellent small group trips in Botswana and Tanzania, where single travellers are made very welcome.
- We spend a lot of time travelling solo ourselves so are well placed to advise on this style of safari.
- The inclusive atmosphere at small safari camps means Africa is a great destination for single travellers.