Win the Ultimate Kenyan Safari in Honor of Tusk’s 25th Birthday
***The raffle is now closed***
Are you passionate about Africa’s wildlife? Then you won’t want to miss out on this rare chance to win a conservation-focused safari for two worth $28,000* (£19,000*). Donated by Aardvark Safaris and its partners in Kenya in honour of Tusk’s 25th birthday, all proceeds go directly to the charity’s projects. The winner will enjoy a 12-day luxury safari for two that explores game-packed destinations such as the Lewa Wildlife Conservancy, the Namunyak Wildlife Conservation Trust, and the famous Masai Mara, where Tusk is helping to protect endangered species, including elephant, rhino and big cats.
For 25 years, Tusk has been providing hope to the people of Africa through wildlife conservation. With 50 field projects in 18 African countries it is one of the leading conservation, education and community charities working in Africa. Tusk’s projects combine conservation, education and job creation to ensure wildlife and land become a renewable resource for local communities. Over the last quarter of a century, it has raised over £20 million to invest in a range of successful conservation initiatives providing vital protection for 36 endangered species, including elephant, rhino, cheetah, chimpanzee, mountain and lowland gorilla, and African wild dog.
We’ve cherry-picked some of our favourite camps in Kenya–all of which are part of or close to some of Tusk’s longest running or most ambitious conservation field projects–where you will stay amid breathtaking locations as the personal guest of the camp owners. You will also enjoy exclusive behind-the-scenes tours to learn more about the Tusk programs and the difference they’re making to local people and vulnerable species. Here’s a brief overview of your itinerary: Download PDF itinerary
- Day 1: Arrive in Nairobi* for the airside meet and greet then drive to the Palacina Hotel.
- Day 2 to 3: Fly to the Lewa Wildlife Conservancy for two nights at Lewa House where you will be hosted by the owners Sophie and Calum Macfarlane. In addition to regular game drives to view the high concentration of wildlife in this UNESCO World Heritage Site, you’ll enjoy an exclusive backstage peek at the conservation programmes taking place at the conservancy. Read some reviews on TripAdvisor.
- Days 4 to 6: Transfer to the Mathews Range where you’ll spend three nights at wonderful Sarara Camp in the Namunyak Wildlife Conservation Trust to discover exactly what it takes to protect this remarkable area and the communities that live here.
- Days 7 to 8: Head south for two nights at Kenya’s newest rhino protection project, the Borana Conservancy’s amalgamation with The Lewa Wildlife Conservancy which has resulted in the largest contiguous protected rhino habitat in East Africa. You’ll stay at Borana Lodge and enjoy outstanding hospitality as well as seeing first-hand the work that Tusk is doing to help protect various species.
- Borana Lodge – Lewa, Kenya
- Days 9 to 11: Last stop is the world famous Masai Mara and a three-night stay at Mara Toto. As well as stunning game viewing we have arranged a very special visit to The Koiyaki Guiding School, one of Aardvark’s favorite community projects.
- Day 12: Fly back to Nairobi and drive to the airport for your departure flight.
“I first visited Africa in December 1991, around the time Tusk began, and set up my own safari company soon afterwards. Aardvark has grown up alongside Tusk and has always been an ardent supporter of its invaluable work. In fact, if you’ve ever travelled to Africa with Aardvark, chances are you’ve already visited one of the many Tusk-supported projects. It’s a genuine privilege to be able to donate this safari, in association with so many fabulous camps, to a great charity.”
This is the trip of a lifetime by anyone’s standards for the locations and accommodation alone. The addition of the access-all-areas features makes it priceless and definitely worth the very low price of $100 (£70) per raffle ticket. All donations go directly towards Tusk conservation, community and educational programs so please give generously and help spread the word by sharing with your friends. The deadline for buying tickets is April 14th, 2015. The winning ticket will be drawn on April 15th, 2015.
This safari for two is valid from April 15th, 2015 for 18 months and can be redeemed at any time except Christmas and New Year (December 16th, 2015 to January 6th, 2016). All accommodation, meals, drinks, safari activities, road transfers, internal Kenya flights, and park fees have been donated by Aardvark Safaris and the owners of the properties involved. The value of this safari booked through Aardvark Safaris, minus the special behind-the-scenes features, is approximately $28,000* (£19,000*) in total. Please read the competition rules and regulations. For more information please contact Tusk or contact us. *Excludes international flights