10 facts you didn’t know about Aardvark Safaris
- Despite years of trying only Alice and Roxy have actually seen one of these shy, nocturnal animals. We chose the name to appear at the top of lists and catalogues.
- Along with bespoke safaris, we plan wonderful beach holidays on the African coast and Indian Ocean islands.
- It costs no more to use us to organise your holiday than it would if you planned it yourself. Really!
- Last year we organised a wedding on an island in the middle of the Zambezi River. This year’s challenge is a blessing in a hot air balloon above the Masai Mara. Our wedding list service is a great way to add memorable one-offs to a honeymoon.
- Between us, we have children ranging in age from 2 to 23. This lucky bunch have travelled to Africa a fair bit, so when we say checked the guides’ stamina and enthusiasm and the true child friendliness of the activities, you can be sure we really have.
- We’ve had over 200 clients reach the top of Mount Kilimanjaro, Africa’s highest freestanding mountain. Four of the Aardvark team have reached the top as well.
- We’ve organised over 3,000 holidays since 1999, and six of the Aardvark team have been with us for over ten years.
- Richard was once a raft guide on the Zambezi River below Victoria Falls and Francis led overland African overland trips for six years. In fact all of our sales team have lived and worked in Africa.
- With seven horses between us, we cover everything from side saddle to 2*eventing, and have tested out all the riding safari operators in Southern and East Africa.
- Over three years – that’s the combined length of ‘African educational’ trips of the current sales team. Don’t just take our world for it that they really know what they’re talking about – over 80% our bookings come from word of mouth or repeat business.
If you’ve got this far and not found an answer to a question you have that we should have included, please ask in the comments section below, or pop us an email. We’ll be sure to reply and may amend the article to include our answer.
We would be delighted to help you plan a holiday, or answer any questions if you’re at an earlier stage. Our team of experts have travelled widely throughout Africa. They can offer expert advice on every type of safari from family and beach holidays to riding and primate safaris. If you would like to talk to someone who has been there and done it, please just send us an email or give us a call.